Our monthly gathering is Friday, February 12, 6 p.m. at ING DIRECT Cafe! Our topic is search marketing for the web and how it intersects with the ubiquitous use of social media. Please check out the changes we have implemented for 2010!
Featured Presentation: Social Media Optimization with Rob Bertholf
Although Social Media Club approaches social media marketing from a starting point of customer conversation, there is no disputing that social media can also be search marketing and search engine optimization on steroids. Our guest speaker, Rob Bertholf, is often acknowledged as Hawaii’s #1 search marketing expert, and he will be giving us an overview of some of the social media optimization methods he has developed for his clients. He will be giving an in-depth workshop the following day at U-H Manoa. We are lucky to be offering this sneak preview to you free of charge!
In the crowded marketplace of SEO experts, Rob is literally a cut above the rest. With a top 10 Google ranking for â€œSearch Engine Optimization Expertâ€ and for a search of â€œUnited States Air Force Veteranâ€ former Staff Sergeant Bertholf demonstrates how his effective techniques provide results in even the most saturated environments. Prior to joining Chapter Three as Chief Search Architect Rob was already a seasoned digital pioneer, @Rob was Hawaii’s first Twitter user and oversaw the creation of over 700 websites as inventor of ZeppOS Content Management Application and founder/former CEO of Empowered Internet Solutions. Rob continues to find innovative ways to leverage the marketing power of the web for his clients. He also shares his SEO and web marketing insights as a regular keynote speaker/lecturer for corporate and academic audiences.
Register Now! It’s free. And saves you time and hassle when you arrive on-site.
5:30 â€“ 6:00 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
6:00 â€“ 6:10 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
6:10 â€“ 6:40 pm ~ Feature: Rob Bertholf: Social Media Optimization
6:40 â€“ 6:50 pm ~ Share It: Ideas, tips, questions and conversation
6:50 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Announce slate of club volunteer & Wrap up
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau then left on Ala Wai and left on Niu St.). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space. Mahalo also to Bare Feet Studios for covering all of our operational and marketing expenses.