Many of us social media pros daydream about the possibilities for using social media marketing in Hawaii tourism – all the way from the Hawaii Tourism Authority down to every Mom and Pop business. But words are useless without action! Hawaii is such a golden destination! We are no longer isolated due to the power of social networks, and making media has become so affordable and increasingly personable and effective.
So we’ve asked several local social media leaders to play with the question, “What if?”
Our panel members will step into the social media “imagineerium” and conjure up social media ideas that can directly benefit both tourism professionals and businesses in Hawaii. Our local social business experts will suggest a range of awesome outcomes that can result from adding new ideas, tactics, and strategies to our Hawaii marketing efforts. No matter how you’re connected to tourism (and who isn’t!), you’ll have take-aways and campaign ideas which you can use immediately.
Download the Hashtag Report (PDF; 5.5 MB) See a list of all tweets tagged #SMCHI past 24 hours.
The presentation will be fast-paced and you’ll have the chance to vote for and discuss your favorite ideas in the second part of the program. Bring your iPads, notebooks and be prepared to be inspired and have fun! Here are a few random ideas to get your juices flowing!
- “What if Hawaiian Airlines in-flight napkins had their Twitter name imprinted and every week they gave away a random interisland trip to an instagram taken while flying Hawaiian?”
- “What if Maui had a social media team that rotated monitoring FourSquare checkins at OGG and shared a local tip/coupon from member businesses?
- “What if the large hotels gave away a free eBook at check-in produced by Maui bloggers on the best photo locations on Maui?”
- “Imagine if OGG had a live screen of the Twitterati on Maui near baggage claim?”
- “Wouldn’t it be cool to have a QR code wall in addition to the tourist magazines to point visitors to green and social tourism activities?
Adding to the excitement: We are hosting this event on Maui – voted the second most popular destination in the US! We will have food trucks on hand, so come early and dine with us! Our Oahu community is still meeting at Amuse Wine Bar to watch the live stream, inbound this time.
Our presenters will include: Tara Coomans,Â Liza Pierce, Chris Norberg, Laura Kinoshita, Pomai Weigert, and Shane Robinson. Roxanne Darling will moderate.
About This Event
Date: Monday, October 22, 2012
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Location: Malcolm Center, MEDB, Kihei, MAUI AND we are gathering at
Amuse The Greenhouse Innovation Hub on Oahu to watch the live stream together.
COST: $10 (Register by October 15th and save $5!)
FREE for professional members (look in your email for a promo code)