Social Media Club is an international, educational nonprofit organization. There are over 100 chapters worldwide, each with a strong connection to the parent org as well as a relatively autonomous local structure. Our Hawaii hui welcomes members from all islands and is one of the top 20 chapters in the world! (Based on activity level, number of professional members, and the type of events we host for the community.) After all, what better combination is there besides Aloha + Social Media?
We welcome anyone to join our FREE email list. (Look for the form in the sidebar on any page!) You will receive event notices and discounts. We can tell our members about your events too. Most of our SMCHI events are free; when we collaborate with other orgs there is sometimes a fee however we do our best to negotiate a savings code for *you* whenever possible.
If you are a practicing social media consultant or work in social media inside a company, nonprofit, edu, or gov organization, you may want to join as a paid member. You receive the benefits of both our local chapter and the parent organization. All paid memberships are handled via our parent organization:
Our main goal for our members is to help market you in the business community (via speaking, web and twitter links, etc) and to provide professional development (via the LinkedIn group and the private webinars).
Here are the local benefits we provide our Members:
- Most SMCHI events are free to Professional Members. On the rare occasion where we do have to charge members, Professionals will receive a discounted rate.
- Discounts to area digital, technology or marketing events. We usually partner with 2-5 events throughout the year to provide you with discounted tickets to those events.
- Provide priority speaking engagements to our Pro members. In addition to speaking at our events, we use our leverage in the community to secure speaking slots at other events for SMCHI Pros.
- Pro’s-only LinkedIn Group for sharing strategic links, staying in touch, and discussing items we might not want to talk about publicly.
- Pro-only webinars and web conferences to build our expertise, sometimes featuring external experts and sometimes brainstorming amongst ourselves.
- Free public and community events (beginning May 2012)
- We live video stream all of our meetings, sharing our content with friends on the neighbor islands and beyond while also promoting our members and speakers far beyond our local event.
- Professional collaboration – none of us are experts in everything and it has been a great experience to bring a fellow pro in for a consult or to share a client. Having a trusted network of social media peers is very valuable!
- Feature all of our members on the blogroll of the SMCHI website and invite any of them to guest blog on this SMCHI web site.
- We have leadership positions available within our chapter that allow our members to learn, lead, and gain added attention in the business community.
- We monitor our Twitter and Facebook streams and support one another’s initiatives as we can. We share one another’s blog posts, accomplishments, etc.
- Vote in our annual BOD election.
- Serve as a BOD chair or member.
One of our members on the Big Island, Laura Kinoshita, said that being a member of SMCHI has done more for her business than all other marketing efforts combined!
If you are ready to join, please visit Social Media Club today! Remember to take a few minutes to fill out your profile there and choose Honolulu as your chapter! Then email us when you have joined so we can give the Aloha welcome package as well!